Includes videos, images, magazines, news, and more for "600,000+ biographical entries -- on more than 528,000 individuals -- spanning history and geography." Gale More...
Search for a person or persons with similar demographics. View the Tip Sheet
Use the Browse People link, located in the top menu bar, to view newly added name entries or choose a category to browse.
Search (top right, under search box) to set search limits for place name, company name, author/creator, person name-about, and more. Example: Company Name= Apple
Click on a document title to view full content.
Tools Box (right sidebar)
Tools are available in the document view, or full text. Includes bookmark, download, share, email and more.
Use Citation Tools to copy/paste/edit citations.
|Biographical Information - Books and ebooks
- Reference Materials
Use to find background information and brief entries.
- Credo Reference
- View the ~50 full text ebooks for Biography. (Click a title to view the ebook.)
- Using Search Limits: Go to Credo Advanced Search and key in the name. Under Limit your search to click Entries with the Following features. Mark Biography then click Search.
- ebrary: Biography (~4,776 ebooks)
- Funk & Wagnall's World Book Encyclopedia
- In the Library
- General biographical resources are shelved in the CT call number section. Subject and specialized sources are shelved among related topical works. For example, Baker's Biographical Dictionary of Musicians is
shelved in the ML, or music section. While generally defining terms and concepts, some sources may give biographical information for persons important in their particular field.
- Baker Encyclopedia of Psychology & Counseling, BF31.B25 LRC-R
- Biographical Dictionary of Psychology, BF109.A1B56 LRC-R
- Black Lives: Essays in African American Biography, ebook
- The Book of Women's Firsts: Breakthrough Achievements..., CT3260.R428 LRC-R
- The Cambridge Biographical Encyclopedia, CT103.C4
- The Cambridge Dictionary of American Biography, CT213.C36 LRC-R
- Dictionary of Pastoral Care & Counseling, BV4011.D43 LRC-R
- Dictionary of Pentecostal and Charismatic Movements, BR1644.D53 LRC-R
Many significant religious leaders are described in this book.
- A Dictionary of Scientists, ebook
- Encyclopedia Judaica, also available in print, DS102.8.E496
- International Who's Who, CT120.I5 LRC-R
Brief resumes of prominent people throughout the world.
- McGraw-Hill Encyclopedia of World Biography, CT103.M27 LRC-R
One to two page descriptions of influential figures from the history of the world. A short bibliography ends each article.
- Oral Roberts: An American Life, ebook
- Oxford Dictionary of Saints, ebook
- Scientists, Mathematicians, and Inventors...People Who Changed the World, ebook
- Who's Who in America, E663.W56 LRC-R
Brief resumes of prominent people in the U.S.
- Who's Who
An Annual Biographical Dictionary, DA28.W6 LRC-R
Brief resumes of prominent people in Great Britain.
Searching the Library Catalog, ebrary and eBook Collection
Search: Type the person's name or biography for
the Subject search option.
Try Advanced keyword search: select Subject, type biography and
for Any Field/ Key Fields type the individual's
|Biographical Information - Periodicals and eJournals
To find journals, magazines, trade publications and newspaper titles that include biographies, try a title keyword search for biography in the A-to-Z Journals List.
See: Titles for A-to-Z:
Biography as subject (~995)
When searching for journal titles, select the title "contains" option for the most results.
|Biographical Information - Find Articles
Use both multidisciplinary and subject databases for in-depth information and articles. In the database, choose the indexes or subject fields to limit to people and/or biographies. The search suggestions below can be used in most EBSCO databases.
Subject Related Databases
OneSearch (EBSCO's Integrated Search Interface) = vendor's database description