- Periodic Tables
|Chemistry - Article Databases...and more|
- MEDLINE with
- Science Direct Databases
- Scirus Free
on the Web
The most comprehensive science-specific
search engine. Indexes and searches over 410 million scientific items.
: Use Advanced
limit journals, information types, file format, subject areas and more.
Scirus includes indexing
for more than 30 special sources
(listed below), including Medline
PubMed Central, SAGE Publications
researchers to search for not only journal content but also scientists' homepages, courseware, pre-print server material, patents and institutional
repository and website information."See Scirus Help
for tips, tools and more.
- HighWire Free on the Web
|Chemistry - Reference and eReference|
Use reference materials to get
background information, explore a subject, refine a topic, etc.
- Reference eBook Databases
Reference: Chemistry ~18,840
- Example: Results for Svante Arrhenius
Virtual Reference Library (GVRL): Chemistry
- Example: Results for Svante Arrhenius
of View Reference Center
- Example: wildlife
|Chemistry - Books and ebooks|
- Use the All Subject link and drill down through the subjects for a list of ebooks on your desired subject.
Collections: Chemistry (~76)
Collections: Sciences (~558)
|Chemistry - Periodicals (journals, trade publications, etc.)|
- The ORU A-to-Z Journals List
- Includes journals, magazines, trade publications, etc. available at ORU, with links to online full text, when available.
- From the subjects listed, select a specific subject. Then, select a journal title and follow the links to the full text. Or, try a title keyword search.
- Examples of titles by subject:
- A-to-Z: Chemistry 460+
Subjects ~4,396 titles
Title List - Alphabetically
- To view free full text titles mark "Full-text available" then click Apply.
Title List - By Subject
- BioOne - Titles Free on the Web
- Indexing and abstracts available. No full text. More...
|Chemistry - Periodic Tables
- ACS Interactive Periodic Table (American Chemical Society)
- ChemSoc: The Visual Elements Periodic Table
An exceptional visual interpretation of the Table of Elements
- Environmental Chemistry.com: Periodic Table of Elements
- Periodic Table of the Elements
(Eni Generalic, Faculty of Chemical Technology)
- WebElements: The Periodic Table on the WWW
This highly rated site provides information on atomic elements. Thousands of graphics, links to physical properties and common compounds, photographs,
video clips of important reactions, and cartoons are included. Author Mark Winter, University of Sheffield, UK.
- The Wooden Periodic Table of Elements
Covers Theodore Gray's construction of a "literal"
periodic table (it's designed as a wooden table). Click on any tile in the table to see more about the element. Provides links to other sites that include
reports, samples of the element, and more.
|Chemistry - Selected Websites|
- American Chemical Society (ACS) Hot Articles.
- Boston University Library: Chemistry (Science and Engineering
From Includes links to Basic Data, Physical Constants, Thermophysical
Data, Biochemistry and Hazardous Chemistry web sites. Provides links to encyclopedias, journals and indexes to journals and patent literature.
- Cambridge Crystallagraphic Data Centre
Chemistry fundamentals. Try a quiz!
Fiz Chemie's specialized search engine covering chemistry-related web sites.
- The Chemical Industry (Maintained by the National Environmental Information Service.)
Links to Chemical Industry Associations, environmental and analytical resources, new processes, and management references and resources.
- Chemistry Library: Writing Tools (UW -
Provides ACS citation examples.
- FACT: Facility for the Analysis of Chemical Thermodynamics
- ipl2: Chemical Sciences (Chemistry)
Subject directory of websites selected and evaluated by librarians.
- Links for Chemists (Maintained by University of Liverpool Department of Chemistry.)
Over 8,075 links to chemistry resources on the Internet.
- National Library of Medicine: Databases
• CHEMIDplus -- A chemical dictionary file for over 350,000
compounds of biomedical and regulatory interest. Records include CAS Registry Numbers, molecular formulae, generic names and synonyms. Factsheet.
Toxicology Data Network -- Databases on
toxicology, hazardous chemicals, environmental health, and related areas. Hazardous
Substances Data Bank (HSDB) Fact Sheet.
- NIST Chemistry WebBook
"thermochemistry for 5,000 compounds, enthalpy of reaction for 3,000 reactions, infrared spectra for 5,000 compounds, mass spectra for 8,000 compounds,
ion energetics data for 14,000 compounds, and more."
- Protein Data Bank
Maintained by the Research Collaboratory for Structural Bioninfomatics (RCSB).
& D Chemicals
A database of chemical compounds sites that allows you to find a chemical by its molecular formula, IUPAC name, Smiles, common name,
CAS number, structure or substructure.