Personality and Educational Tests - Reference
The resources listed below are
located in the Reference Room, 4th floor, LRC. Search by test title, type of test, author, or reviewer. Publisher information for purchasing the test is
also available. If you need assistance inquire at the reference desk.
- The Mental Measurements Yearbook (MMY)
- Call number Z5814.P8 B932 LRC-R
MMY ‘s can be used to locate reviews and descriptions of English language tests. “Guides”
for use are taped inside the front covers. MMY can also be searched on the Internet. (See below.)
- Tests in Print (TIP)
- Call number Z5814 .E9 B82 LRC-R. Comprehensive indexes.
TIP lists all tests that are currently available from publishers. Some listings have cross-references to MMY reviews. TIP can be used as an index to the
contents of Mental Measurements Yearbooks.
“Guides” for use taped inside the front covers.
- Dictionary of Behavioral Assessment Techniques
- Call number BF176.5.D53 LRC-R
- Handbook of Psychological Assessment
- Call number BF176.G76 LRC-R
- Handbook of Psychological Testing
- Call number BF176.k575 LRC-R
- Measures of Religiosity
- Call number BR110.M43
Includes measures and scales in the psychology of religion such as the "Faith Maturity Scale"
(pp. 171-) and "Spiritual Leadership Qualities Inventory"
- Tests: A Comprehensive Reference for Assessments in Psychology, Education, and Business
- Call number BF176.T43 LRC-R
Provides current information on assessment instruments. Does not review or evaluate tests; provides concise, easy-to-read descriptions.
- Tests in Counseling Practice
- Call number BF176.T425 LRC-R
“Demonstrate[s] how tests can be used effectively for counseling healthy or well functioning clients.”
Knowledge of test and measurement concepts is necessary for use.
Personality and Educational Tests - Online Test Locator
- Buros Institute of Mental Measurements:Test Reviews
Search for free information on "over 3,500 commercially available tests."
- Ericae.net: Clearinghouse on Assessment and Evaluation (ERIC/AE Test Locator)
The Test Collection at ETS is a library of more than 25,000 tests and other measurement devices that
makes information on standardized tests and research instruments available to researchers, graduate students, and teachers. Collected from the early 1900s
to the present, the Test Collection at ETS is the largest such compilation in the world. Tests & Products
Personality and Educational Tests - Article Databases
To look for periodical articles on a topic or word
search an appropriate database. To narrow your results use the index(es) and subject search.
the index using some of the following keywords
Personality Tests, Psychological Test, Test-, Testing-
Tip: Use the Thesaurus and browse some of the subject heading listed below
Diagnostic Tests Educational Assessment
|Personality Measurements Psychological Testing Student Evaluation
Test Reliability Test Use
- Tip: Browse the Thesaurus (or
subject index) for Testing. Use Relevancy Ranked.
Personality and Educational Tests - Subjects Indexes and Thesauri
- Use the Thesaurus or Subject index to drill down from a broad topic to narrower one or get alternative subjects for your topic.
- Click Thesaurus or Subject in the top menu bar.
- Type your term in the Browsing text box and select a display, such as Relevancy Ranked.
- Explore the list of new terms and then mark those topics of interest to you. Click Add then click the Search button.
Personality and Educational Tests - ebooks
- ebooks by subject:
- Personality tests ~5
- Intelligence Tests ~9
Educational Tests and Measurements
a simple keyword search or browse other subjects such
as Personality Assessment, Psychological Testing
- eBook Collection (EBSCOhost)
For more information on ebooks see the library guide Find...Books & ebooks.