- Article Databases
- Sr. Paper Students
|Psychology - Article Databases
- Science Direct: Social & Behavioral
Sciences Journal Collection
- SocINDEX with Full
- Scirus Free
on the Web
The most comprehensive science-specific
search engine. Indexes and searches over 410 million science-specific Web pages.
: Use Advanced
to limit journals, information types, file format, subject areas and more.
Scirus includes indexing for more than 30 special sources
(listed below), including
PubMed Central, SAGE Publications
"...allows researchers to search for not only journal content but also scientists' homepages, courseware, pre-print server material, patents and
institutional repository and website information."See Scirus Help
tools and more.
- Google Scholar Free on the Web
|Psychology - Reference Materials
In the Library
To find reference materials, use the Library catalog and limit to Reference
View List of Selected Reference Books ▼ show/hide
In addition to the books listed below, browse appropriate call numbers sections in the Reference
Collection for books that may be of interest to you. For assistance, inquire at the Reference Desk.
of Congress Classification Outline (as modified and used at ORU)
Library of Congress
Call Numbers (partial list)
||Social history & conditions. Social problems. Social reform.
||Social pathology. Social & public welfare.
Selected Reference Books
- Baker Encyclopedia of Psychology and Counseling - BF31.B25 LRC-R
- Biographical Dictionary of Psychology - BF109.A1B56 LRC-R
- Campbell's Psychiatric Dictionary - WM13.C189C LRC-R
- Comprehensive Textbook of Psychiatry - WM100.k173 LRC-R
- Concise Encyclopedia of Psychology - BF31.E553 LRC-R
- Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders - WM15 D536 LRC-R
- Dictionary of Psychology - BF31.C64 LRC-R
- Encyclopedia of Behavior Modification and cognitive Behavior Therapy (3 vols.) - WM425.5.C6E56 LRC-R
- The Encyclopedia of Elder Care - WT13 E56 LRC-R
- The Encyclopedia of Psychiatry, Psychology and Psychoanalysis - WM13 E565 LRC-R
- The Gale Encyclopedia of Psychology - BF31.G35 LRC-R
- Handbook of Psychiatric Measures - WM34 A512 LRC-R
- Handbook of Psychological Assessment - BF176.G76 LRC-R
- The Harvard Guide to Psychiatry - WM141 H339 LRC-R
- Measures of Religiosity - BR110.M43 LRC-R
Includes measures and scales in the psychology of religion such as the "Faith Maturity Scale" (pp. 171-) and "Spiritual Leadership Qualities Inventory" (p.
- Pictorial History of Psychology - BF81.P47 LRC-R
- Practice guidelines for the Treatment of Psychiatric Disorders - WM400 A5131A LRC-R
- Religion and American Adolescent Delinquency, Risk Behaviors and Constructive Social Activities - BL625.47.R478 LRC-R
- Credo Reference Center
- Concept Map Examples: William
James | ritual
Book Titles (click
Psychology for the subject)
Topic Pages for Psychology
- Gale Virtual Reference Library
An Eternal Social and Moral Issue, 2008 ed., 2008
2008 ed., 2008
Tobacco, and Illicit Drugs, 2007 ed., 2008
Punishment: Cruel and Unusual?, 2008 ed., 2008
Abuse and Domestic Violence, 2007 ed., 2007
Prisons, and Jails, 2007 ed., 2008
and Dying: End-of-Life Controversies, 2008 ed., 2009
of Aging, 4v, 2002
of Bioethics, 3rd ed., 5v, 2004
of Children and Childhood: In History and Society, 3v, 2004
of Race and Racism, 3v, 2009
of Sociology, 2nd ed., 5v, 2001
What's at Stake?, 2007 ed., 2007
Old in America, 2008 ed., 2008
Up: Issues Affecting America's Youth, 2007 ed., 2008
and Wellness: Illness among Americans, 2008 ed., 2009
Encyclopedia of Marriage and Family, 2nd ed., 4v, 2003
Encyclopedia of the Social Sciences, 2nd ed., 9v, 2008
Encyclopedia of Death and Dying, 2v, 2002
Race and Ethnicity in America, 2008 ed., 2009
of Classroom Learning, 2009
Welfare: Fighting Poverty and Homelessness, 2007 ed., 2008
in America: Obesity, Eating Disorders, and Other Health Risks, 2008 ed., 2009
in American Society, 2008 ed., 2008
of View Reference Center
|Psychology - Books and eBooks
- For general information on books and ebooks see the library guide called Find Books & ebooks (link at right).
- Search TIP: For the most recently published ebooks to appear at the top of the list change "Sort results by" from Relevance to Date.
- ebrary Titles by Subject;
- • Psychology ~1,630
ebooks See: Subjects under
- • Philosophy,
Psychology, Religion ~7,033 ebooks
- • Counseling ~162
- • Cross-cultural
counseling ~5 ebooks
- Search: Use the advanced search, type a subject such as psychology or chemistry, and then change Select a Field (optional) to
- To see if a journal is available in the ORU Library, search or browse the titles in ORU's A-to-Z Journals List. Some titles are available in multiple formats and/or multiple
databases. For titles that are available online, the database(s) with full text will be listed. When a title is available "in-house" in paper, CD-ROM or microform there
will be a link to Oral Roberts University Library Holdings. Follow the links to what you need.
- ORU A-to-Z Journals List
- Titles by Subject:
- • Psychology ~462 Titles
- • Other Sciences ~4,270 Titles
- Sample Titles:
- • IRB: Ethics & Human Research
- • Journal
of Experimental Psychology : Applied
- • Psychology and Health (18 month embargo)
Title List - Alphabetically
- To view free full text titles mark "Full-text available" then click Apply.
Title List - By Subject
- Mark the subject(s) then click Apply.
- Browse Psychology Journal Titles
- In ORU databases, use the Publications link, or similar, to browse or search journal titles within the database.
- DOAJ - Directory of Open Access Journals: Psychology
- ~152 open access journals
- Search the library catalog for a topic or browse the
reference and ebook databases. Sample title:
- Encyclopedia of Bioethics -
5 volume set, available online in Gale Virtual Reference and in the library's Reference Collection, call number QH332.E52, LRC-R.
- Web Resources
- The Hastings Center http://www.thehastingscenter.org/
- Johns Hopkins University Bioethics Institute http://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/bioethic
- National Institutes of Health: Bioethics Resources on the Web
- Presidents Council on Bioethics http://www.bioethics.gov
- Human Subject Assurance Training Module – Produced by the Office for Human Research Protections
(OHRP), U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.
- This tutorial explain the responsibilities involved in an institutional program of human subject protection
and the informed consent process.
Protection of Human Subjects; Informed
Informed Consent - FAQs (Dept. of Health & Human Services)
- National Institutes of Health (NIH) Clinical Center
- By the NIH Clinical Center Office of Clinical Research Training and Medical Education. Includes training programs, courses and archived course materials.
Training/ Educational Resources
|Psychology - Sr. Paper Students
To review related articles and concepts on your topic refer the to Subject Terms and Cited References.
On the Cited References page (shown below), to view records related to your article, mark the checkboxes and click Related Records.
- To locate another journal article, click the full text link, if available. Or, search the journal title in the A-to-Z Journals List and drill down to what you need. .d (HTML
Full Text, PDF Full Text, or
- To locate a book, search WorldCat
and, if the book is not available at ORU, request it using the ILL link.